While a fence may seem like a basic installation, there are actually a variety of codes to following when installing one. First, know your property lines. Hire a surveyor to figure out exact boundaries if necessary. Also, check to be sure that your county or municipality does not require an offset from the property line. If you cannot find a surveyor, you can figure it out yourself by going to the municipality office and looking at their property maps. Furthermore, ensure that no permits are required for the fence. If they are, go acquire those permits to build the fence.
This video gives advice and guidelines you must adhere to for building a fence on your property:
Wood fencing is beautiful, but if it goes without the proper maintenance, it can deteriorate quickly. Staining your wood fence will help you maintain its integrity, making it last for upwards of three times as long.
Here are some of the many benefits of staining your wood fence.
1. Fence Waterproofing
The outdoors provide numerous avenues through which moisture can reach your fence, be it from the rain or the splash of a garden hose. If unstained, then water can quickly deteriorate your fence by causing rot and mildew to form. Wood stain will create a barrier that prevents the water from saturating the inner fibers.
2. Adds Color/Prevents Discoloration
Some stains add color to the wood while still preserving the natural beauty of the wood grain. Stains range from subtle tones that mildly enhance the wood’s natural beauty, while others coat the wood with a bright, vibrant shade. You can use these stains to match your wood fence to the colors of your house or your outside décor. Also, stains lessen the impact of direct exposure to sunlight, which causes discoloration. Even clear stains will prevent discoloration, allowing you to maintain the beauty of your wood fence for years to come.
If you are looking to install a wood fence, aluminum fence, vinyl fence, or wrought iron fence, then contact us at Paramount Fence . We’ll ensure that your fence is installed properly, adequately protected, and in line with all codes and regulations. Call (630) 406-8410 for more information!
Our recent blogs have included information on privacy fencing and how to choose between wrought iron and aluminum fencing. If you’re looking for more information on these topics, then check out these great resources.
- Privacy fencing is a smart decision for almost any homeowner. For more reasons why, visit PR.com.
- Security is one of the great benefits of privacy fencing . Further explore this benefit with this article by ListMyFive.com.
- As Fence-Depot.com points out, the difference in cost between wrought iron and aluminum is minimal and shouldn’t be the deciding factor between the two.
- For information on various metal fencing materials , visit MetalFencing.org and read about the pros and cons of each option.
- If you’re looking for advice on choosing a fencing material , then check out this eHow.com article.
At Paramount Fence of Batavia, Illinois, we are here to help you. If you’re interested in fencing, then visit our website or call us at (630) 406-8410. Be sure to ask about the gorgeous cedar fencing that you’ll love.
Rightfully so, many people take the time to consider how their neighbors will feel about installing a brand new wood or aluminum fence. Is it truly rude to add a privacy fence for the security of your kids, personal privacy, and the betterment of your property? The answer is, of course not. In fact, good neighbors add privacy fences.
Here are a few of the reasons a privacy fence is a part of being a great neighbor.
1. Privacy- Just as you wouldn’t shower with the bathroom window open, there is no reason to expose everything that goes on in your backyard. Now, if you have friends over, then you be putting shuffling movement in your neighbor’s peripheral vision any longer. It will be in the privacy of your own backyard and if you wish to invite them over, then you’ll always have that option!
2. Security- Privacy fencing improves the security of your home because it helps to limit access to your property. No burglar will be able to pass through a tough wrought iron fence. Some of the same security benefits are beneficial to your neighbor, given the fact you share a property line. Potential criminals will be aware of the fact that people in your area are serious about security, and they’ll never know what kind of systems lay within your neighbor’s home.
3. Resale Value- Curb appeal always improves resale value and that’s exactly what privacy fencing will do for your home. Remember, security and privacy are commodities that are beneficial and profitable to the entire neighborhood—especially when it’s selling time. High property values usually affect the entire surrounding community.
At Paramount Fence of Batavia, Illinois, we believe that a privacy fence can be of great importance for you and your neighborhood. If you’re interested in privacy fencing, then visit our website or call us at (630) 406-8410. Be sure to ask about the gorgeous cedar fencing that you’ll love.